This is kinda. Who I am kidding. This is *exactly* what I eat for dinner once a week. At least. It’s the healthy tuna melt, that melts my heart and my hunger. EVERY SINGLE TIME. And here’s why:
- Dinner in 10 minutes. I am not even kidding.
- Enough real food goodness to make it nutritious AND enough cheese to make it super YUM!
- So easy you can’t stuff it up. Even after a glass of wine (or 3) after work. I may, or may not, know this from experience.
- I usually have everything I need to make this in this in fridge and pantry. Tuna tick. Bread tick, Random veggies that need to be used tick. And, cheese. Well obvs.
Watch out guys. You may get addicted to this one. Which is not actually a problem. Because, on the good for you scale. My healthy tuna melt does pretty okay. Let me know if you give it a go. I’d love to hear what you think.Print
Super tasty and packed full of veggies. This 10 minute healthy tuna melt is the perfect weeknight dinner.
- 1 baguette or 2 crusty long rolls
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 125g tinned corn
- 1 medium tomato
- 2 sticks celery
- 2 95g tins tuna in spring water
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup shredded tasty cheese
- Switch your oven grill on high and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Cut the baguette into 2 even pieces and then slice each piece length ways. You will end up with 4 pieces. Transfer to your baking tray, cut side up.
- Rinse and thinly chop half the baby spinach, the celery and tomato and drain the tuna and corn. Next transfer the ingredients to a small bowl and stir through the mayonnaise until everything is well combined.
- Top each piece of baguette with an even amount of mixture and then sprinkle cheese over the top.
- Transfer to the oven and grill for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Remove from the oven and transfer two pieces to each plate. Serve with the extra baby spinach on the side.
- Don’t throw that away! My healthy tuna melt…awesome way to use up leftovers. Switch up the spinach, tomato and celery for anything that needs using up. Or use regular bread instead of rolls.
- If you’re sugar free like me, check that your canned sweet corn has no sugar added. I know right? It’s sweet enough!
P.S – Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like this awesome Healthy Tuna Melt? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.