My favourite thing about winter is when it’s over. My second favourite thing…SOUP.
But you know me. I never do things by halves. I mean why just have soup for dinner, when you can have pasta as well. That’s right soup and pasta. All there in one bowl, being totally delicious together.
Introducing my Hearty & Healthy Tortellini Soup.
It’s everything you need when it’s chilly outside. Warm, hearty and best eaten on the couch. In your PJ’s. Watching Netflix. AKA my happy place.
And don’t worry. You won’t be spending ages in the kitchen. This bowl of yum, takes just over 15 minutes – kitchen to couch. Quick and easy enough to cook after a long day at work. Plus, it’s so much better for you than takeout.
I’ve got a feeling, you’ve just found your go to winter meal. If you try it, let me know what you think. Me? I love it!Print
Packed with flavour, this warm, hearty and healthy Tortellini Soup will be your go to meal this Winter.
- 1 375g pack fresh tortellini
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small brown onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 400g tinned crushed tomatoes
- 1 zucchini
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½ bunch fresh basil
- 2 slices of fresh crusty bread (optional)
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Meanwhile roughly chop the onion and mince the garlic. Transfer the onion, garlic and chilli flakes (if using) to the saucepan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. While, the onion and garlic are cooking. Rinse the baby spinach and thinly slice the zucchini. Set aside.
- Add the chicken stock and crushed tomatoes to the saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir in the tortellini, zucchini and baby spinach. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes until the zucchini is soft and tortellini warmed through. Meanwhile, pick the leaves from half a bunch of basil.
- Stir through half the basil leaves and then divide the soup between two bowls. Scatter the rest of the basil on top of the soup. Serve with fresh crusty bread.
- According to the pasta pack 375g serves two. But, I often find there’s enough for three serves, which means leftovers for lunch – BONUS!
- Make this a super tasty vegetarian meal. Just use, cheese tortellini and vegetable stock. Easy!
- You don’t need to stick with tortellini. Mix things up and throw in another kind of fresh pasta. Ravioli gets the thumbs up at my place.
P.S – Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like this awesome Hearty & Healthy Tortellini Soup? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.