Bring a taste of Greece to your weeknight dinner table, with this quick and easy lamb souvlaki bowl. It’s super satisfying and totally delicious. Plus, everyone loves souvlaki –Opa!
Lamb Souvlaki Bowl
Juicy lamb, crunchy salad and fried halloumi. This 15 minute lamb souvlaki bowl could be in the running for tastiest weeknight meal ever.
- 2 lamb tenderloins
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- ½ iceberg lettuce
- ½ cucumber
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olives
- 60g halloumi sliced into strips
- small tub tzatziki
- 2 pita bread or gluten free wraps depending on your dietary requirements
- Thinly slice the lamb and mince the garlic, then transfer the lamb, garlic, oregano, 3 teaspoons of the olive oil and the juice of ½ lemon to a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Set the bowl aside.
- Chop the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, and halloumi then set aside. Cut the remaining ½ lemon into wedges.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, and add the lamb and marinade. Cook the lamb for a few minutes each side, or until it has browned. Remove the lamb and set aside on a plate.
- Wipe out the fry pan with some paper towel, then add the remaining teaspoon of olive oil, and cook the halloumi for a minute on both sides, or until it is golden.
- Assemble the lamb, lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, olives and halloumi in a bowl and finish with a big dollop of tzatziki. Serve with pita bread or gluten free wraps (if using) and lemon wedges.
- Don’t like lamb? Try this recipe with chicken or beef.
- Tzatziki is a Greek dip made with yoghurt, cucumber, and garlic. Find it with the other dips in the refrigerated section of your supermarket.
- For extra yummy pita bread or wraps, heat it in your frying pan until its golden – delish!
If you make my Lamb Souvlaki Bowl remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S – Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like this Lamb Souvlaki Bowl? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.