Bring a taste of Greece to your weeknight dinner table, with this quick and easy lamb souvlaki bowl. It’s super satisfying and totally delicious. Plus, everyone loves souvlaki –Opa!Print
Lamb Souvlaki Bowl
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
Juicy lamb, crunchy salad and fried halloumi. This 15 minute lamb souvlaki bowl could be in the running for tastiest weeknight meal ever.
- 2 lamb tenderloins
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- ½ iceberg lettuce
- ½ cucumber
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons of olives
- 60g halloumi sliced into strips
- small tub tzatziki
- 2 pita bread or gluten free wraps depending on your dietary requirements
- Thinly slice the lamb and mince the garlic, then transfer the lamb, garlic, oregano, 3 teaspoons of the olive oil and the juice of ½ lemon to a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Set the bowl aside.
- Chop the lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, and halloumi then set aside. Cut the remaining ½ lemon into wedges.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, and add the lamb and marinade. Cook the lamb for a few minutes each side, or until it has browned. Remove the lamb and set aside on a plate.
- Wipe out the fry pan with some paper towel, then add the remaining teaspoon of olive oil, and cook the halloumi for a minute on both sides, or until it is golden.
- Assemble the lamb, lettuce, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, olives and halloumi in a bowl and finish with a big dollop of tzatziki. Serve with pita bread or gluten free wraps (if using) and lemon wedges.
- Don’t like lamb? Try this recipe with chicken or beef.
- Tzatziki is a Greek dip made with yoghurt, cucumber, and garlic. Find it with the other dips in the refrigerated section of your supermarket.
- For extra yummy pita bread or wraps, heat it in your frying pan until its golden – delish!
If you make my Lamb Souvlaki Bowl remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S – Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like this Lamb Souvlaki Bowl? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.
Great dish! Great minds think alike I was going to do a chicken souvlaki bowl. ?
Great minds indeed! Chicken is a great idea, can’t wait to see it. Thanks for stopping by Tracey.