This chewy, soft, freshly baked, delicious chocolate chip cookie for one makes the perfect after dinner treat. Hot tip: Don’t offer to share!
- 3 tbs plain flour or buckwheat flour for gluten free
- 1 tbs rice malt syrup
- 1 tbs butter
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs chocolate chips 70% cacao or above
- Remove butter from the fridge, preheat your oven to 180C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a small bowl use a spoon to smoosh the flour, butter, and rice malt syrup together until all ingredients are combined and the mixture forms a dough. Stir through the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the mixture on to the baking tray, flatten into a disk, then use the palms of your hand to make a round cookie shape.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the edges start to go golden, but the middle of your cookie is still light in colour. Be careful not to over bake or your cookie will be crunchy, instead of soft and chewy.
- The exact amount of baking time you need will depend on your oven. In my oven the cookies take 12 minutes with regular flour and 10 minutes with buckwheat flour.
- If you can’t find super dark chocolate chips, just chop some dark chocolate into chunks, or use a refined sugar free chocolate like Loving Earth.