This ridiculously easy low sugar chocolate fudge is about to blow your mind! There’s so many things to love. Number 1, it’s totally easy. Just mix and freeze…simple! Number 2, it’s healthy. Dark chocolate is full of antioxidants, and super low in sugar. Believe it or not, the entire batch (16 pieces) has less than 2 teaspoons of the sweet stuff. I know, AMAZING! Number 3 (if you weren’t convinced already), it’s creamy dreamy fudgey, and crazy delicious.
You should definitely make it right now. Go! Then leave me a comment to let me know what you think.Print
A creamy dreamy chocolate fudge that is low on sugar, but big on chocolatey yum.
- 100g of 85% or above dark chocolate dairy free
- 1/4 cup of butter or coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup of almond butter
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla powder or vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup of pistachios crushed
- 1/4 cup of freeze dried strawberries, raspberries, or pomegranate seeds.
- Grease a small baking tin and line with baking paper (I use a loaf tin).
- Break the chocolate into pieces and pop into a microwave safe jug or bowl. Put the jug in the microwave and cook on high for 1 minute. When done, give the chocolate a stir and then keep microwaving in 20 second bursts until the chocolate is fully melted. It takes a total of 1 minute and 40 seconds in my microwave. If you don’t have a microwave, don’t worry. You can melt the chocolate on the stove using a double boiler. Easy!
- Mix the butter (or coconut oil), almond butter, vanilla powder and 1/2 of the pistachios and freeze dried berries into the chocolate. Don’t worry about using another bowl, that’s just more to clean! When the chocolate mixture is fully combined pour it into your lined tin and place in the refrigerator.
- After 15 minutes, sprinkle the other half of the pistachios and freeze dried berries over the top of the fudge and refrigerate for another hour, or until set. If you’re in a hurry, pop it in the freezer so it sets more quickly.
- Once set, cut the fudge into 16 pieces. Store it in the fridge until it’s ready to be eaten.
- Want to make this recipe refined sugar free? Loving Earth chocolate is a great option.
- I used pistachios and freeze dried pomegranate seeds as toppings, but you can use anything you like. Coconut, cacoa nibs, bee pollen, almonds, macadamias…go crazy! If you’re looking for freeze dried pomegranate seeds in Australia, I picked mine up from the health food aisle in Woolworths.
- How do I my crush nuts? Pop them in a freezer bag, tie the bag up, and pound with a meat tenderiser. Easy peasy and very satisfying!
If you make my Low Sugar Chocolate Fudge remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S – Now I’ve got your snacks sorted lets get dinner sorted too? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.