And, so my love affair with mushrooms (and tacos) continues.
Think, lightly spiced mushrooms and black beans bringing all the flavour, wrapped in a soft, warm tortilla, and topped with avocado, tomato, corn and coriander, for a fresh burst of yum with every bite.
Think they sound delicious? Ohmygoodness. You have never been more right. About anything. In your ENTIRE LIFE!
But, apart from being next level tasty, there are some other reasons, you might want to stop everything and cook these Mushroom and Black Bean Tacos right now:
- Max flavour, minimum cook time. Mushrooms are awesome like that.
- Perfect for meat free Monday, cos mushrooms have a meaty kind of texture, without being actual meat.
- But, also perfect for any day, cos loaded with all the good stuff. I mean, these tacos are practically a health food.
- A vegetarian meal that is super tasty and totally satisfying. Thank you, thank you, one million times thank you.
- Not that messy to cook. One pan – bam!
Guys. These are yum. Very yum. My advice. Live everyday like it’s taco Tuesday. Cook these tonight or every night this week. I will not judge. Let’s be Mushroom and Black Bean Taco addicts together. When was your last taco? Let me know. We will get through this delicious thing together.
Tacos for life.Print
Mushroom & Black Bean Tacos – 15 Minute Dinner Recipe
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 serves (4 tacos) 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican
Max flavour, minimum cook time. These 15 minute, Mushroom & Black Bean Tacos are one of the best quick and easy dinners going around.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 200g portabella and button mushrooms
- 1 cup tinned black beans
- 1 tsp cumin
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 125g tinned corn
- ½ avocado
- 4 tortillas
- ¼ bunch coriander
- 1 lime
- Slice the mushrooms and rinse the black beans. Set aside.
- Next cut the cherry tomatoes in half, and dice the avocado, then transfer to a bowl. Add the corn, give everything a good squeeze of lime and stir until combined.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium to high heat. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the black beans and cook for another minute, then stir the cumin through until all the ingredients are well coated. Remove from heat.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave according to packet directions. To serve, fill each tortilla with an even amount of the mushroom and black bean mixture and then top with the tomatoes, corn and avocado. Finish by garnishing each taco with coriander leaves.
- These tacos are mix and match. Don’t love tomatoes. Leave them out. Got a thing for cucumber? Throw some in. You can make these tacos your own. That’s one of the things that is so great about them.
- Hot tip: If you do dairy, these tacos taste great with a big dollop of sour cream on the side.
P.S – Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like this awesome Recipe? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.