Max flavour, minimum cook time. These 15 minute, Mushroom & Black Bean Tacos are one of the best quick and easy dinners going around.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 200g portabella and button mushrooms
- 1 cup tinned black beans
- 1 tsp cumin
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 125g tinned corn
- ½ avocado
- 4 tortillas
- ¼ bunch coriander
- 1 lime
- Slice the mushrooms and rinse the black beans. Set aside.
- Next cut the cherry tomatoes in half, and dice the avocado, then transfer to a bowl. Add the corn, give everything a good squeeze of lime and stir until combined.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium to high heat. Add the garlic and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the black beans and cook for another minute, then stir the cumin through until all the ingredients are well coated. Remove from heat.
- Heat the tortillas in the microwave according to packet directions. To serve, fill each tortilla with an even amount of the mushroom and black bean mixture and then top with the tomatoes, corn and avocado. Finish by garnishing each taco with coriander leaves.
- These tacos are mix and match. Don’t love tomatoes. Leave them out. Got a thing for cucumber? Throw some in. You can make these tacos your own. That’s one of the things that is so great about them.
- Hot tip: If you do dairy, these tacos taste great with a big dollop of sour cream on the side.