Totally dinner-worthy, amazingly yummy. Eggs on toast never tasted this good.
- 1 small brown onion
- 1 chorizo sausage (mild or hot…you decide)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup tinned crushed tomatoes
- 1 400g can butter beans/lima beans
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 1/2 bunch of flat leaf parsley (approximately ½ cup once chopped)
- 4 eggs
- 2 slices crusty bread or wraps, regular or gluten free, to serve (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F
- Thinly slice the chorizo and roughly chop the onion.
- Heat the olive oil in an oven proof frying pan or skillet over medium to high heat. Add the onion and chorizo and cook for 5 minutes or until the onion is soft, stirring occasionally.
- Add the crushed tomatoes, butter/lima beans, chilli (if using) and spinach and stir through until the spinach has wilted and covered with sauce. This will take 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir through the parsley (leaving a tablespoon aside to sprinkle on top later). Use the back of a spoon to make four indents in the mixture, and crack an egg into each. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the frying pan to the oven and bake for 10 minutes until the whites are cooked, but the yokes are still runny. Depending on your oven, you might need to rotate the pan once so the eggs cook evenly.
- Sprinkle with the remaining parsley and serve with crusty bread or wraps if using.
- Good news! You can make this recipe even quicker to cook. Instead of baking the eggs in the oven just cover the fry pan with a lid or aluminium foil and keep it on the stove for an extra 5 to 6 minutes until the eggs are cooked. The eggs will cover over like poached eggs. It may not look so pretty, but tastes just as YUM – trust me!
- No chorizo? Use up that ham hiding in the back of the fridge instead.
- Looking for another awesome One Pan meal? Give my One Pan Lasagne a go. So good, it comes with a money back guarantee.