Banana bread, who? Seriously, once you try this pear and raspberry bread. There is no going back.
Think, perfectly crusty, dense slices of bread dotted with sweet, juicy slivers of pear and jammy raspberries. Serve it warm, with lashings of butter. It WILL blow your freaking mind. Because, Yes. THAT GOOD!
And if you’re not immediately convinced that making this bread is the BEST idea since, well sliced bread, here are some other things you will love about it:
- Only 10 minutes of the cook time involves any *actual* cooking.
- You’re kitchen will smell aaahmazing.
- Totally refined sugar free and gluten free and (if you use coconut oil instead of butter) dairy free as well.
- Basically, it’s as delicious as ‘everything free’ gets.
Pears are in season. You probably have some in your fruit bowl. The universe is telling you to cook this bread. Don’t argue with the universe. The end.
P.S – I reckon you could pimp this recipe with chocolate. Chocolate Pear and Raspberry Bread. Ohmygoodness YUM! If you try it, let me know.
Pear and Raspberry Bread
Yield 12 slices
Dense slices of bread dotted with sweet pear and jammy raspberries. Snack time doesn't get any better than this yummy Pear and Raspberry Bread.
- 2 pears
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 2 tbs rice malt syrup
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbs coconut oil or butter
- 1 tsp vanilla powder or essence
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1 tsp bicarbonate soda
- Preheat your oven to 180C and line a loaf tin with baking paper so that the sides overhang.
- Slice half a pear into thin slices and set aside. Grate the remaining pear (including the unsliced 1/2 pear) and melt the butter/coconut oil in the microwave.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the grated pear, frozen raspberries, rice malt syrup, eggs, butter/coconut oil and vanilla.
- Next, add the almond meal and bicarbonate soda to the bowl and mix all the ingredients until they are well combined.
- Spoon the mixture, into the lined loaf tin and top with 3-4 slices of pear.
- Bake in the oven for 1 hour or until a skewer comes out cleanly.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then use the sides of the baking paper to lift the bread out on to a cutting board. Cut into 12 slices. Serve warm with butter. So yum!
Pear and Raspberry Bread freezes really well and makes the perfect snack or breakfast.
If you make my Pear and Raspberry Bread remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S – Now we’ve got your snacks sorted, let’s get your dinner sorted too? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.