You could be mistaken for thinking no base, no pizza. But, lucky for you, when pizza is involved…I don’t give up that easily.
So, guys. Please meet my-I need pizza, there’s nothing to put it on-kitchen creation…pizza pancake or pancake pizza. Whatever you want to call it. This thing is delicious.
I’m talking, all the taste of pizza made with stuff you already have in the kitchen. I’m talking flour, milk and an egg. So simple, it’s genius.
Plus, the cooking part. Well that’s super easy. One Pan. Dump, Stir, Cook. I’ve even arranged it so you don’t have to flip the pancake. Because, let’s get real. Flipping anything in the kitchen, is taking life into your own hands.
And don’t feel like you need to stick to this exact recipe. Add your favourite pizza toppings, for a personalised pizza pancake. Pepperoni. Mushrooms. Ham & Pineapple. When it comes to pizza. I do not judge. Anything goes.
Now tell me, what are you going to add to your pizza pancake? When you make it, make sure you leave a comment to let me know what you think.Print
All the cheesy taste of pizza, with stuff you already have in your kitchen. This recipe is genius!
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp mixed Italian herbs
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ¼ cup of roast capsicum
- ¼ cup olives
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- ¼ bunch fresh basil
- 2 tsp butter
- Salt & pepper to season
- Turn your oven grill (broiler) on high.
- Chop the spinach, capsicum, olives and cherry tomatoes into small pieces. Set aside.
- Place the flour, milk and egg in a large mixing bowl and whisk until a smooth batter forms. Add the cheese, spinach, capsicum, olives and tomatoes to the pancake batter and stir until everything is well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Using an oven safe, non-stick frying pan, heat butter over a medium-high heat, making sure the butter melts evenly across the bottom of the pan. Pour the pancake batter into the frying pan and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Transfer the frying pan to the oven and grill for a few minutes until the top of the pancake is firm. While your pizza pancake is under the grill, pick the basil leaves.
- Once cooked, remove the frying pan from the oven, then use a spatula to loosen the edges and flip the pancake on to a cutting board. If your pancake doesn’t feel like it will come out, use the edge of your spatula to divide your pancake in half and remove a piece at a time. Cut your pizza pancake into 8 slices, scatter with fresh basil and divide between two plates.
- I get it. Not everyone is going to get away with adding spinach to a pizza pancake. You could try sneaking in some grated zucchini or broccoli intstead. But, if that’s not going to fly, serve your pizza pancake with a side salad.
- If you don’t have any mixed Italian herbs, just use a mixture of dried parsley, oregano and basil.
P.S – Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like this awesome Pizza Pancake? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.