Who said you couldn’t eat toast for dinner?
- 4 slices of bread – regular or gluten free depending on your diet.
- 4 slices salami – hot or mild, you decide
- 4 slices of ham
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 12 button mushrooms
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 cup of grated mozeralla cheese
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 6 olives
- 1 tsp oregano
- Turn on your oven grill.
- Lightly toast the bread. Meanwhile, tear the ham into pieces cut the salami in half and thinly slice the mushrooms and tomato.
- Lay the toast on a baking tray and spread evenly with tomato paste. Layer 2 slices of toast with ham and the other 2 slices with salami. Next top each slice of toast with tomato, spinach and mushrooms then sprinkle each slice of toast with mozzarella. Finally top your toast with the remaining ham and salami (I like to alternate depending on what I’ve put on the bottom), drop your olives on top and sprinkle with oregano.
- Place the baking tray in the oven and grill for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Want to save more time? Let the supermarket do the hard work and buy pre-sliced mushrooms.
- Gluten intolerant? Try Primo Smallgoods, all their products are gluten free.
- Don’t think loading pizza toast up with veggies will fly in your family? Top the toast with your family pizza favourites and serve with a side salad.