Let’s face it cooking risotto can be a chore. All that stirring. Ain’t nobody got time for that! But you can cook risotto without the arm workout. This quick and easy seafood risotto requires minimal stirring, but is still thick, creamy and absolutely delicious. It is the perfect hassle free weeknight meal.Print
Thick, rich and creamy seafood risotto without any effort. You will never cook risotto the hard way again.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small brown onion
- 1 small red capsicum
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon of smokey paprika
- 1 cup of arborio rice (regular rice works fine too)
- 400g tin of crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock
- 300g marinara seafood mix
- 1/2 cup of peas
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 1/2 cup of flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Heat a large saucepan or frying pan with lid over a medium heat and add olive oil. While, the oil is heating roughly chop the onion and deseed and chop the capsicum.
- Sauté the onion, capsicum and garlic for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the smokey paprika and rice and stir until fully coated.
- Next add the tinned tomatoes and chicken stock, stir and bring to the boil. Once the liquid has boiled reduce the heat, and simmer covered for 15 -20 minutes stirring occasionally. The risotto will be ready when the rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the marinara mix, peas, spinach and parsley and stir through. Cook for 5 minutes or until all the ingredients are warmed through and the spinach has wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper and squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the top. Serve with the remaining lemon cut into wedges.
- You will get at least 3 serves out of this one, but if you’re cooking for a bigger family, double the ingredients.
- Don’t like seafood? No worries. Just switch the seafood for chorizo or shredded BBQ chicken from the supermarket or both – YUM!
If you make my Quick & Easy Seafood Risotto remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S – Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like this Quick & Easy Seafood Risotto? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.