Thick, rich and creamy seafood risotto without any effort. You will never cook risotto the hard way again.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small brown onion
- 1 small red capsicum
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon of smokey paprika
- 1 cup of arborio rice (regular rice works fine too)
- 400g tin of crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups of chicken stock
- 300g marinara seafood mix
- 1/2 cup of peas
- 2 cups of baby spinach
- 1/2 cup of flat leaf parsley leaves
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Heat a large saucepan or frying pan with lid over a medium heat and add olive oil. While, the oil is heating roughly chop the onion and deseed and chop the capsicum.
- Sauté the onion, capsicum and garlic for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add the smokey paprika and rice and stir until fully coated.
- Next add the tinned tomatoes and chicken stock, stir and bring to the boil. Once the liquid has boiled reduce the heat, and simmer covered for 15 -20 minutes stirring occasionally. The risotto will be ready when the rice is tender and most of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the marinara mix, peas, spinach and parsley and stir through. Cook for 5 minutes or until all the ingredients are warmed through and the spinach has wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper and squeeze the juice of half a lemon over the top. Serve with the remaining lemon cut into wedges.
- You will get at least 3 serves out of this one, but if you’re cooking for a bigger family, double the ingredients.
- Don’t like seafood? No worries. Just switch the seafood for chorizo or shredded BBQ chicken from the supermarket or both – YUM!