I don’t want carbonara for dinner…said no one EVER!
Why? Because, this quick and easy carbonara recipe is insanely delicious. I’m talking, spaghetti coated with a rich, perfectly silky, buttery carbonara sauce, crispy prosciutto bits (oh hello, little bites of yum) and greens you want notice, cos carbonara so yum!
And the good news? Not only is this carbonara total Y.U.M.M.O. It ticks all the boxes for the perfect weeknight dinner. I mean, you know you’re on a good thing when:
- Cooking dinner takes 15 minutes max. Oh my gosh. So so QUICK!
- Easy…if you can boil a pot of pasta, you’re 95% of the way there. Seriously.
- There is no cream. It’s proper carbonara made with eggs and parmesan. The way the Italians make it. No heavy. No meh. And absolutely, no regrets.
- Crispy prosciutto, just might be the most delicious thing in the entire world AND this recipe is loaded with it.
So basically, my quick and easy carbonara recipe is irresistible AND I will see it on your Instagram feed this week. The end.
P.S – Did you make this recipe and miss the cream? I don’t. But, I’d love to know what you think.Print
Spaghetti coated in a rich, perfectly silky,buttery, carbonara sauce, plus crispy prosciutto bits and greens, make this quick and easy carbonara recipe a delicious weeknight meal.
- 200g spaghetti regular or gluten free, depending on dietary requirements.
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 thin slices of prosciutto
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbs finely grated Parmesan (plus extra to serve)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½ cup frozen peas
- ½ bunch flat leaf parsley
- Pepper for seasoning
- Cook the spaghetti according to packet directions.
- In a frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and fry the prosciutto until crispy. Remove the prosciutto from the pan, cut it into small pieces and set aside. Meanwhile, in a small bowl whisk together the eggs and parmesan and season with pepper and chop the parsley.
- Add the peas and spinach to the same frying pan and cook over medium heat until the spinach has wilted and the peas are warmed through. Remove the frying pan from heat and set aside.
- Once cooked, drain the spaghetti, and transfer it back to the saucepan. Set the saucepan on your bench, using a heat protector if you need to. Pour the egg and parmesan mixture over the spaghetti stirring quickly until all the ingredients are well combined and the mixture has a melted to a buttery like consistency. Next, stir in the prosciutto, peas, spinach and parsley.
- Divide between 2 bowls and sprinkle with a little extra parmesan to serve.
- Make sure the spaghetti is off the heat when you pour in the egg and parmesan mixture, or else, you’ll end up with scrambled eggs on pasta…eeek!
- If carbonara with spinach and peas is going to be a battle. Leave them out and serve your carbonara with a side salad featuring your favourite veggies.
- You can easy make this dish gluten friendly. Just use gluten free spaghetti or pasta. Simple.
P.S – Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like this awesome Quick and Easy Carbonara Recipe? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.