Think, a rich meaty sauce with kidney beans, plenty of veg and corn chips to scoop it all up. This 20 minute easy chilli recipe is family friendly comfort food, AT ITS BEST!
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small brown onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 250g beef mince
- 1 tsp chilli flakes (use more or less depending on how hot you like it)
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 400g tinned tomatoes
- 200g can red kidney beans
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 big handfuls of gluten free corn chips
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan over medium to high heat. Meanwhile roughly chop the onion and mince the garlic.
- Add the onion and garlic to the frying pan and cook for 5 minutes until the onion is soft.
- Next add the mince to the frying pan and cook, until it has browned, breaking up with a wooden spoon as you go.
- Stir through the chilli, cumin, oregano and canned tomatoes. Bring the mixture to boil and then reduce heat to simmer for 10 minutes. It probably won’t need it, but If the mixture looks a bit dry, just add ½ cup of water.
- Finally stir through the baby spinach and kidney beans until the spinach has wilted and kidney beans are warmed through.
- Divide the chilli between two bowls and serve with a big handful of corn chips.
- Meal preppers rejoice. My Quick Weeknight Chilli Recipe freezes like a dream.
- Not a fan of spinach? Add in any other veggies you like. Grated carrots and zucchini work well too.
- Making a family sized version of my quick and easy chilli recipe is easy – just double the ingredients.