Hands up who loves crepes? I always thought they were tricky to make. Anything that you have to flip…too hard basket. But guess what? I was so wrong. You seriously have, to give this quick and easy crepe recipe a go. All you need is 5 simple ingredients (including water and salt, which don’t really count, right?). Plus, they cook in next to no time, I’m talking minutes! And you know what that means? Loaded with bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato (because who doesn’t love a BLAT?), crepes make a super satisfying, quick and easy weeknight dinner. But most importantly….Holy crepe! They’re so freaking YUM.Print
Loaded with bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato this quick and easy crepe recipe makes a super satisfying weeknight dinner.
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 eggs
- pinch salt
- 2 tsp butter
- 4 rashers bacon
- 8 cos lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato
- ½ avocado
- 1 tbs mayonnaise
- Put the flour, milk, water, eggs and salt in a bowl and whisk until the batter is smooth. Set aside.
- Heat medium fry pan and teaspoon of butter over a medium heat. Pour half cup of batter into the pan then tilt and swirl the pan so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook on the other side. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more butter to grease the pan as you need it. You should end up with 4 crepes in total.
- Meanwhile, heat another fry pan, and cook the bacon until it is golden and brown. Remove the bacon from the pan and let it drain on paper towel.
- While you are cooking the crepes and bacon, pick 8 leaves from a cos lettuce, slice the tomato and slice the avocado lengthways.
- To assemble, spread a teaspoon of mayonnaise on one half of each crepe, stack bacon, lettuce, tomato and avocado on top, then fold the crepe over to enclose the filling.
- This quick and easy crepe recipe also makes a great healthy dessert. Just add some banana, a drizzle of dark chocolate and you’ve got a whole lot of after dinner yum!
- Want to make this a gluten free meal? Just use buckwheat or another gluten free flour instead.
- If you want to cook this recipe even more quickly, cook the bacon in the microwave. Find out how to do it here.
If you make my Quick and Easy Crepe Recipe remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S – Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like these Quick and Easy Crepes? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.