Loaded with bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato this quick and easy crepe recipe makes a super satisfying weeknight dinner.
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup water
- 2 eggs
- pinch salt
- 2 tsp butter
- 4 rashers bacon
- 8 cos lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato
- ½ avocado
- 1 tbs mayonnaise
- Put the flour, milk, water, eggs and salt in a bowl and whisk until the batter is smooth. Set aside.
- Heat medium fry pan and teaspoon of butter over a medium heat. Pour half cup of batter into the pan then tilt and swirl the pan so that the batter coats the surface evenly.
- Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook on the other side. Repeat with the remaining batter, adding more butter to grease the pan as you need it. You should end up with 4 crepes in total.
- Meanwhile, heat another fry pan, and cook the bacon until it is golden and brown. Remove the bacon from the pan and let it drain on paper towel.
- While you are cooking the crepes and bacon, pick 8 leaves from a cos lettuce, slice the tomato and slice the avocado lengthways.
- To assemble, spread a teaspoon of mayonnaise on one half of each crepe, stack bacon, lettuce, tomato and avocado on top, then fold the crepe over to enclose the filling.
- This quick and easy crepe recipe also makes a great healthy dessert. Just add some banana, a drizzle of dark chocolate and you’ve got a whole lot of after dinner yum!
- Want to make this a gluten free meal? Just use buckwheat or another gluten free flour instead.
- If you want to cook this recipe even more quickly, cook the bacon in the microwave. Find out how to do it here.