Burgers quick and easy enough to cook from scratch on a weeknight, where do I sign up? These tasty Aussie Burgers are loaded with healthy fillings and are so simple make, you will never use another burger recipe again. Your weeknight dinner is officially sorted.
Quick & Easy Aussie Burgers
Beetroot, cheese, lettuce, tomato avocado and egg on top of a juicy beef patty. Aussie burger perfection in less than 30 minutes.
- 200g of lean beef mince
- 1/2 red onion grated
- 1 clove of garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon of dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 wholemeal buns
- 1/2 avocado mashed
- 4 butter lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato sliced
- small beetroot grated
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 slices of tasty cheese
- your choice of condiments to serve, like tomato sauce (ketchup), mustard or mayonnaise
- Put the mince, red onion, garlic, dijon and soy sauce in a bowl and season with salt and pepper. Use your hands to mix the ingredients until they are well combined.
- Divide the mixture into 2 portions and shape each portion into a burger patty.
- Heat a teaspoon of olive oil in a frying pan and cook the patties on each side for 4 to 6 minutes, or until cooked through. When the patties are almost cooked, place 1 slice of cheese on each patty until just melted.
- Meanwhile in a seperate frying pan heat a teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat, crack 2 eggs straight into the pan and cook until the egg white and yolk is set (flip them, if you like them over easy).
- To serve, spread the mashed avocado on the bottom half of the bun. Top with lettuce, tomato, beetroot, burger patty, egg then dollop on tomato sauce, mayonnaise or mustard, and cover with the top of the bun.
- Reduce your prep time, by getting your fillings ready, while your burgers are cooking.
- Fussy family? Substitute your families favourites fillings, and get them to assemble their own burgers. It will save you time, and keep the hordes happy.
- Looking for a side? Why don’t you try these microwave sweet potato chips. They are quick, easy and super crunchy.
- Make this recipe gluten free by switching soy sauce for tamari, and using gluten free buns.
If you make my Quick & Easy Aussie Burgers remember to share them with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S – Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like these Aussie Burgers? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.