There’s nothing better than a big bowl of soup on a cold night. Good thing this quick lentil soup recipe is the easiest soup you will ever cook…EVER! Most soup recipes take aaaages. Not this one! It takes 20 minutes to cook…from scratch (15 minutes if you’re fast). That’s it! Amazing huh? It beats the canned stuff hands down when it comes to taste (think a big bowl of heart-warming YUM). And cos it’s chock full of veggies it’s super dooper good for you. It’s just what you need during the winter to stay healthy and well. I guarantee you will say goodbye to canned soup forever after trying this recipe, it really is that good.
I’d love to hear what you think. Let me know in the comments below.Print
Soup in a snap. This 20 minute lentil soup is warm, hearty and so easy to cook. A winter favourite, guaranteed.
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ brown onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 carrot
- 1 stick celery
- 1 cup of kale or baby spinach
- 1 can brown lentils
- 2 cups vegetable stock.
- Bread or bread rolls (regular or gluten free) to serve
- Heat oil in a medium sized saucepan over a medium heat. Meanwhile roughly dice the onion, celery and carrot, and crush a garlic clove.
- Transfer the onion, garlic, celery and carrot into the saucepan and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the stock, and bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are soft. If using kale, remove the stems from the leaves and chop into bite sized pieces while the soup is cooking.
- Drain and rinse the lentils and add them to the saucepan, stir and cook for 3 minutes until the soup thickens. Stir in the kale or spinach until wilted. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with a slice of bread or a roll.
Make a double batch and freeze the leftovers for a quick and healthy weekday lunch.
If you make my Quick Lentil Soup remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S – Want more quick and easy recipes just like this? Get my 5 day quick and easy dinner plan right here.