Did someone say gluten-free, dairy free and refined sugar-free mini raspberry tarts? Oh yes, yes they did!
And what’s that?
They’re vegan and paleo friendly too…stop it, I can’t even! These little berrylicious beauties may be small in size, but they are BIG on yum!
These little berrylicious beauties may be small in size, but they are BIG on yum!
- 1 cup almond flour or almond meal
- ½ cup unsweetened desiccated coconut
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup or honey
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup raw unsalted cashews
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons rice malt syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder or vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen raspberries
- 12 fresh raspberries
- Start by soaking your cashews in water for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 160C/320F.
- Grease a 12 hole mini muffin tin with coconut oil.
- Drain the cashews, then mix all the tart case ingredients together in a food processor until well combined. You will know the mixture is ready when you can squeeze it in your hand and it sticks together. If the mixture is too dry just add a little more melted coconut oil.
- Gently press about a teaspoon of mixture into each hole, so that the base and sides are fully covered.
- Place in oven and cook the tart cases until golden, this should take between 5 and 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool completely before turning onto a wire rack. The tart cases my still be soft when removed from the oven, but will firm up when cooled. If the base rises slightly during cooking, just poke it down gently with your finger when the cases are still soft.
- Place all the filling ingredients into your food processor and mix until the filling is smooth, scraping down the sides if you need to, and place in the fridge until the tart cases have completely cooled.
- Spoon the filling into each case, and top with a fresh raspberry.
Mix up the flavours, try strawberries, blueberries or blackberries, or what the heck go berry crazy and try a mixture of all three.
If you make my Mini Raspberry Tarts remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S – Now you’ve got your sweets sorted, get dinner sorted too! Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.