All the fresh, tasty yum of a rice paper roll, in half the time. Oh hey, there rice paper roll in a bowl.
- 100g vermicelli noodles
- 1/2 supermarket roast chicken
- 1/4 red cabbage
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 continental cucumber
- 1/2 avocado
- 2 tbs peanuts
- 1/4 bunch mint
- 1 long red chilli (optional)
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp rice malt syrup
- 1 lime (zest and juice)
- 1 small clove garlic
- Boil the kettle
- Place the noodles in a large heat proof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Set aside for 5 minutes to soak. Drain.
- Shred the chicken. Crush the peanuts. Grate the carrot, peel and chop the avocado into two quarters and thinly slice the cucumber, cabbage and chilli. Pick the mint leaves. Set aside.
- Crush the garlic and juice and zest the lime. Add the fish sauce, rice malt syrup/honey, lime juice and zest and garlic to a jar. Secure the lid and shake until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Divide the noodles, cabbage, cucumber, carrot and mint between two bowls. Pour half the dressing over each bowl. Garnish with crushed peanuts and sliced chilli (if using).
- Cheat alert. Use a bag of prepared coleslaw mix instead of slicing the cabbage and grating the carrots separately. Who said cheaters never win?
- The easiest way to crush peanuts? Pop them in a paper bag and pound them with a meat tenderiser. Bonus points for doubling as a stress release.