Softly smoked salmon, creamy ricotta cheese, zesty lemon and fresh dill on a bed of risoni pasta. It’s official. This quick and easy weeknight dinner is a flavour sensation.
- 150g rissoni
- 1 small zuchinni
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 1 medium lemon
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 150g portion of hot smoked salmon
- 50g ricotta
- 2 tbs dill
- Cook risoni in a large saucepan, according to packet directions.
- Meanwhile chop the woody ends off the asparagus and slice the asparagus spears into 3 cm/ 1 inch pieces, slice the zucchini into discs, and finely chop 2 tbs of dill. Juice and zest a lemon and set aside in a bowl.
- When the risoni has 3 minutes left to cook, add in the zucchini and asparagus. When the risoni and veggies are cooked, take the saucepan off the heat and strain.
- Put the risoni and veggies back into the saucepan and place on the stove over a medium heat. Stir through the spinach, lemon juice and zest, olive oil, and 1 tbs of dill. Stir until the spinach has wilted and all the ingredients are warmed through.
- Divide the risoni between two bowls and top each with flaked pieces of the smoked salmon fillet, crumbled ricotta and the remaining dill.
- Boil water for pasta the You Totally Got This way. Boil your kettle, then pour the boiling water into a saucepan on high heat. You will have a pot of boiling water within minutes. Nobody needs to be standing around the kitchen waiting for water to boil – B.O.R.I.N.G!
- Leftover risoni? It’s traditionally used in soup. Why don’t you try this Italian Style Risoni Soup.