Hand’s up if you have have cinnamon in your pantry? Yes! Well you’re in luck, because cinnamon just happens to be the newest super food on the block. But step away from those sugar laden cinnamon buns, you can get your healthy cinnamon fix with this salted caramel cinnamon popcorn. Its gluten free, dairy free, refined sugar free, and did I mention totally YUM?
Salted Caramel Cinnamon Popcorn
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 6 cups 1x
This salted caramel popcorn is the perfect movie night treat. It’s delicious, cos sticky salted caramel and so much better for you than regular popcorn movie popcorn – think gluten free, dairy free and refined sugar free.
- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup or honey
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and extra to sprinkle
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the popcorn kernels, cover the pot, and cook until popped, shaking occasionally for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the pot from heat.
- Place all the other ingredients in a small saucepan on medium heat and stir until they are well combined, this will only take a couple of minutes.
- Pour the mixture over the popcorn and stir with a spoon until it is completely coated with the salted caramel mixture.
- Transfer the popcorn to the lined baking tray and arrange it in a single layer.
- Cook in the oven for about 5 minutes, or until the popcorn is a deep caramel colour. Keep an eye out because this will happen really quickly.
- Remove the tray from the oven and allow the popcorn to cool. The popcorn will still be soft when you remove it from the oven, but it will crisp up as it cools down.
- When it has cooled break the popcorn into small pieces and sprinkle with extra cinnamon.
Want to know more about the health benefits of cinnamon. I wrote post with you need to know, read it here.
If you make my Salted Caramel Cinnamon Popcorn remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S – Now you’ve got your snacks sorted, get dinner sorted too! Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.
Oh my gosh this looks soooooo good. I love a popcorn snack!!
Thanks Erin! It’s a great snack, but so hard to stop at just a couple of pieces.
This sounds fantastic, I love cinnamon and can find many uses for it but not tried popcorn. Thanks for sharing
It’s a pleasure! So glad you enjoyed the recipe.
Oh I love popcorn, this looks fab. Thanks for sharing.
No problems at all. It’s such a great treat, but very hard to stop eating once you start!
Reblogged this on Heba vs Reason.
Thanks for sharing my blog post!