Salted Dark Chocolate Popcorn. There is kinda nothing more to say except…YUM!!!!
Not only is it sweet, salty and amazingly delicious. It’s gluten free, dairy free and low in sugar (less than ½ teaspoon of sugar per serve). But warning. Salted Dark Chocolate Popcorn is addictive and easy to make. Easy + Addictive = Dangerous. But, in the most deliciously awesome kind of way.
So I guess there’s only one thing left to do. Stick some Netflix pants on and get your popcorn ready! Oh and if you make it leave me a comment and let me know what you think
P.S – Salted Dark Chocolate Popcorn is also an awesome ‘I need to take something to that party but can’t actually be faffed cooking anything’ recipe. It’s so easy and everyone loves it!
Salted Dark Chocolate Popcorn
Yield 6 serves
Be warned. This super easy sweet and salty treat is totally addictive and so easy to make it's dangerous.
- ¼ cup popcorn kernels
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 100g dark chocolate 85% cacao or above (dairy free)
- Sea salt
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the popcorn kernels, cover the pot, and cook until popped, shaking occasionally for 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the pot from heat.
- While the popcorn is cooking, use your hands to break the chocolate into small pieces and transfer to a microwave proof jug or bowl. Heat the chocolate on high for one minute and stir. Repeat in 10 second bursts until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Pour the chocolate over the popcorn and stir until the popcorn is coated.
- Finish by sprinkling liberally with salt. Give the popcorn another big mix.
- Leave in the bowl in a cool dry place for 30 minutes or until the chocolate has set. Store in an airtight container.
If you want to make this easy recipe even easier, use an air popper to cook the popcorn or start with a bag of air popped popcorn from the supermarket. Plus, did you know you can pop popcorn in the microwave? You can! Find out how to do it here.
If you make my Salted Dark Chocolate Popcorn remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S – Now you’ve got your snacks sorted, get dinner sorted too. Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.