This recipe for smashed broccoli and prosciutto pasta is a family favourite and proof that quick and healthy doesn’t mean low on taste. You are going to love this one!Print
Crispy prosciutto teamed with pasta and broccoli, makes for a super tasty, easy mid week meal.
- 200 grams of tube or penne pasta, regular or gluten free depending on your dietary requirements
- 1 head broccoli
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices prosciutto
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes (or less depending on your tastebuds)
- 1 garlic clove thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- grated Parmesan to serve
- Break the broccoli into florets and chop the parsley, set aside.
- Cook pasta according to packet directions, when the pasta has 5 minutes to cook add the broccoli. Turn up the heat again if you need to.
- Meanwhile heat a frying pan over medium heat with a tablespoon of olive oil. Roughly tear the prosciutto into pieces and cook until it is crispy. Add the garlic and chilli and stir until lightly golden and remove from the heat.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli (the broccoli should be soft), then add it to the pan with the prosciutto, garlic and chilli. Toss all the ingredients over a medium heat, making sure that the broccoli is broken up, add another tablespoon of olive oil and some salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with parsley and parmesan
Don’t waste time waiting for the water to boil before you add the pasta. Boil the water in the kettle first, add it to your saucepan, then add the pasta when it comes back to the boil. Saved you 5 minutes right there!
If you make my Smashed Broccoli and Prosciutto Pasta remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like this Smashed Broccoli and Prosciutto Pasta? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.