I love cannelloni, but filling those cannelloni tubes…super fiddly! Ain’t nobody got time for that, especially during the week.
But, what if I told you I discovered a hack? A brilliant hack that makes cannelloni quick and easy enough to cook on a weeknight. Sounds awesome right? It is! And the good news, it’s as simple as switching fresh lasagne sheets for cannelloni tubes.
So how does it work? Easy! You just pop the filling on a sheet and roll it up. It’s seriously the easiest thing EVER and totally YUM! I mean with all that cheese involved there’s no way this quick and easy cannelloni is not freaking delicious. Guaranteed, no one will notice there’s 3 cups of healthy spinach hiding in there (love a good sneaky veg!).
30 minutes is all that stands between you and rich cheesy cannelloni for dinner. Try it, and let me know what you think in the comments section. I’m pretty sure you are going to love it!Print
Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
This recipe uses fresh lasagne instead of pasta tubes, which means cheesy and totally delicious cannelloni on the table in 30 minutes
- 4 fresh lasagne sheets, regular or gluten free depending on dietary requirements
- 700g tomato and basil passata sauce
- 500g ricotta cheese
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 450g frozen chopped spinach
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tbs parsley
- Salt and pepper to season
- Mixed leaves to serve
- Preheat oven to 180C/350F.
- Place the frozen spinach in a microwave proof bowl or jug, cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile place the ricotta in a large mixing bowl, mince a clove of garlic right into the bowl, and finally chop 2 tbs of parsley and add that to the bowl as well.
- When the spinach has defrosted remove it from the microwave and remove any excess liquid by squeezing it with a paper towel. Add the spinach to the bowl with the ricotta mixture, season with salt and pepper and stir until all the ingredients are well combined.
- Next pour half the sauce over the base of a baking dish, and cut the lasagne sheets in half.
- Lay half a lasagne sheet on a flat surface, spoon 2 tbs of mixture across the middle, and roll up to form a tube. Place the rolled sheet in your baking dish, seam side down. Repeat with the remaining filling and sheets, you should end up with 8 tubes.
- Pour over the other half of the sauce and use the back of the spoon to smooth it out making sure the cannelloni tubes are fully covered by sauce. Sprinkle the top of the cannelloni with mozzarella and place in the oven for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the cannelloni warmed through. Serve with mixed leaves.
- Make the cannelloni love last for days by popping any leftovers in the freezer or into a container for lunch the next day. Remember this recipe feeds 4, so you may have some leftover.
- Looking for gluten free lasagne sheets? In Australia, Latina Fresh gluten free lasagne sheets are available at Woolworths.
- Don’t have a microwave? Don’t worry. The spinach box has instructions for defrosting spinach on a stove top.
If you make my Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S – Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like this Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.
Making this right now! Easy peasy, thanks!
Yay awesome Shae! I really hope you enjoy it. Love the fresh lasagne sheet hack. Thanks so much for stopping by. Rani x