Can’t decide between Mexican and Italian, why not have both? This Taco Pizza has all the yummy flavours of a taco on a pizza base. Plus it’s totally delicious, cos taco pizza – duh! Bring on pizza night, you seriously haven’t lived until you’ve tried this one.
I’d love to hear what you think. Let me know the comments section below.Print
Can’t decide between Mexican and Italian, why not have both? This Taco Pizza has all the yummy flavours of a taco on a pizza base, which guarantees only one thing. DELICIOUS!
- 2 regular or gluten free wraps or pizza bases depending on your dietary requirements
- 200g of beef mince
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 cup of kidney beans
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- pinch of chilli powder (optional)
- 1 medium tomato roughly diced
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella or tasty cheese
- 1/2 an iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup of coriander leaves
- gluten free corn chips to serve (optional, but recommended cos yum)
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F.
- Chop the onion and tomato, then put the mince, onion, kidney beans, tomato, garlic, cumin and paprika in a bowl and mix until the ingredients are well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the pizza bases on a lined baking tray, and spread them evenly with the meat mixture. You can flatten the mixture with the back of a spoon if you need to.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of each pizza, and pop them in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the mince is cooked and cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile, shred the lettuce, mash the avocado and pick the coriander leaves.
- Once cooked, remove the pizzas from the oven and top with lettuce, coriander and avocado. Serve with corn chips for an extra yum treat.
- Don’t be afraid of cooking mince in the oven. I first saw this in a recipe on the I Quit Sugar 8 Week Program, and I was like ewwww. But I promise, it works, it really works. Plus, there’s no mess to clean up at the end, which is a total win!
- This recipe works best with pita bread, pizza bases, or a thicker wrap that can hold all the yummy toppings, without going soggy.
If you make my Taco Pizza remember to share it with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S – Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like this Taco Pizza? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.