Can’t decide between Mexican and Italian, why not have both? This Taco Pizza has all the yummy flavours of a taco on a pizza base, which guarantees only one thing. DELICIOUS!
- 2 regular or gluten free wraps or pizza bases depending on your dietary requirements
- 200g of beef mince
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- 1 cup of kidney beans
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- pinch of chilli powder (optional)
- 1 medium tomato roughly diced
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella or tasty cheese
- 1/2 an iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 avocado
- 1/4 cup of coriander leaves
- gluten free corn chips to serve (optional, but recommended cos yum)
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F.
- Chop the onion and tomato, then put the mince, onion, kidney beans, tomato, garlic, cumin and paprika in a bowl and mix until the ingredients are well combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the pizza bases on a lined baking tray, and spread them evenly with the meat mixture. You can flatten the mixture with the back of a spoon if you need to.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top of each pizza, and pop them in the oven for 10 minutes, or until the mince is cooked and cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile, shred the lettuce, mash the avocado and pick the coriander leaves.
- Once cooked, remove the pizzas from the oven and top with lettuce, coriander and avocado. Serve with corn chips for an extra yum treat.
- Don’t be afraid of cooking mince in the oven. I first saw this in a recipe on the I Quit Sugar 8 Week Program, and I was like ewwww. But I promise, it works, it really works. Plus, there’s no mess to clean up at the end, which is a total win!
- This recipe works best with pita bread, pizza bases, or a thicker wrap that can hold all the yummy toppings, without going soggy.