Did you know the main ingredient in taco seasoning is sugar? I know, right. The good news, you will never buy a taco kit again. You can make your own and still have these tasty chicken tacos on the table in 10 minutes. Mid week fiesta at your house – I’m there.
Tasty Chicken Tacos
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 serves 1x
Fresh and tasty chicken tacos. From scratch. In just 10 minutes.
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder (or less, if your not keen on spice)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- pinch of salt
- 200 g of shredded BBQ chicken from the supermarket deli
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 mini tortillas
- 300g coleslaw mix (small bag)
- 1 tbs mayonnaise
- ½ punnet cherry tomatoes
- ½ avocado
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- 1 lime
- 125 g tin of corn
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 30 g of cheddar cheese (optional)
- sour cream to serve (optional)
- Mix the chilli powder, garlic powder, cumin and paprika together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Empty the coleslaw mix into a bowl and stir through the mayonnaise, season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Chop the cherry tomatoes, and avocado into small pieces, and place in small bowl with coriander leaves. Squeeze the juice of half lime over the top, stir and set aside.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat with a teaspoon of olive oil, add chicken then stir through taco seasoning until the chicken is coated. Cook for a few minutes until the chicken is warmed through.
- Meanwhile, heat the tortillas in the microwave according to the packet directions.
- Assemble your tacos, layering coleslaw, chicken, and the avocado and tomato mix and then sprinkle with corn and cheese (if using). Serve with sour cream and lime wedges.
- Want to make this meal even easier? Put all the ingredients on the table and get your family to assemble their own tacos for a real mid week fiesta.
- If your hungry, there will be plenty of fillings to make an extra taco, or have the leftovers for lunch the next day. Just make sure you have a couple of extra tortillas handy. If your cooking for a bigger family, just double the ingredients.
If you make my Tasty Chicken Tacos remember to share them with me on Instagram. I love seeing and sharing your creations. Plus, one lucky reader each month will win their own You Totally Got This grocery bag. You can find me @youtotallygotthis – don’t forget to set your account to public and use the hashtag #youtotallygotthis so I can find you.
P.S Want a whole weeks worth of dinners just like these Tasty Chicken Tacos? Grab your FREE quick and easy weeknight dinner plan right here.